Lower Division (6 units or 2 classes)
Choose from the following history classes:
|HIST 102 Ancient World||HIST 103 Medieval World|
|HIST 108 Atlantic World, 1500-1820||HIST 109 Pacific World, 1500-1820|
|HIST 116 War and Peace in the Modern World||HIST 117 US History to 1870|
|HIST 118 US History, 1870 to present||HIST 125D Race & Ethnicity in the American Experience|
|HIST 126D American Women in History||HIST 130 Introduction to East Asia|
|HIST 140 Modern Europe: Culture & Society||HIST 170 World History I|
|HIST 171 World History II|
Upper Division (40 units or 14 classes)
Choose a concentration from among the following humanities disciplines. You may take at least 12 units (4 classes), but not more than 18 units (6 classes), in this concentration:
- Art History
- Languages and Literatures
- Theatre Arts and Performance Studies
- Theology and Religious Studies
You may take between 18-24 units (6-8 classes) in any or all of the humanities disciplines listed above. No more than 9 units (3 classes) may be taken from any one discipline.
Your coursework must include:
- a Classical studies course
- a Medieval and/or Renaissance studies course
Your coursework must also include a 4-unit, two-semester senior seminar.
- Humanities 490 (1 unit)
- Humanities 495W (3 units). This course will fulfill your general education requirement for written literacy.