Fall, Spring, Summer
Minimum Grade Point Average
3.0 (4.0 scale) in the last 50 percent of baccalaureate and all post-baccalaureate coursework.
Standardized Admission Test
Gradate Record Examination (GRE) General Test only.
Some undergraduate coursework recommended in American Civilization or Western Civilization; methods in research and writing; computer literacy or statistics.
Bachelor's degree in history or related discipline.
- The completed application for Graduate Admission.
- The application fee of $45. If writing a check, the check should be made payable to the University of San Diego.
- Official transcripts documenting each course taken beyond the high school level (whether or not within a degree program) and all degrees awarded. Transcripts that do not bear the registrar's signature and/or the institution's seal are not official. If your school has the capability to send secure, electronic transcripts, you can have them sent to email@example.com. International Applicants click here for transcript information.
- Three letters of recommendation from professors familiar with the applicant's scholarly work or from professional supervisors who have had experience in a graduate program and who can provide information regarding the applicant's potential for success as a graduate student.
- Current resume.
- Personal statement or statements which succinctly explains your motivation for pursuing the degree, your future career plans, and why you believe USD is a good fit for you.
- Standardized admission test scores when required by department.
For additional information about graduate admissions, please contact:
Email Erika Garwood