Women's and Gender Studies Minor
Women's and Gender Studies is an interdisciplinary academic minor program of study that takes as its focus the history, development, and consequences of culturally acquired sexual identities.
Women's and Gender Studies is a field of study as complex as the many disciplines it weaves together. At USD, those disciplines include anthropology, business, communication studies, economics, English, French, philosophy, political science, psychology, religion and sociology.
Women's and Gender Studies addresses such topics as:
- The acquisition of gender identity across cultures
- The influence of gender upon spirituality, moral choice, creativity, and language use
- The relationship of gender to a wide spectrum of social problems such as poverty and violence
- The history of various gender-related issues such as family life, marriage, reproduction, divorce, childrearing, sexual behavior and sexual orientation.
In the News
// March 7, 2017
The University of San Diego’s Women’s Center and other campus organization are honoring the national celebration of Wo…
// December 6, 2016
Across the world there are more than 20 million victims of human trafficking. More than 4.5 million of those individuals are victims of sex …
// December 5, 2016
"I can and will fight/I can and will a warrior be/It is my nature and my duty/It is the womanhood in me/I can and will fight/I can and will …
- Apr6Thursday, April 6, 2017 // 7 p.m.Camino Hall, Room Shiley Theater 5998 Alcala Park
San Diego, CA 92110