Transferring Credit for English Courses
To transfer credit for an English or composition course, follow these instructions. If you have questions, contact the English Department Chair. For courses taken in other disciplines, consult the appropriate department.
New and Transfer Students
Transfer students should see Transfer Student Support.
For courses taken prior to enrolling at USD:
- Fill out the Pre-USD Form. This can also be found in mySanDiego.
- Attach the syllabus from your course. You can usually get a syllabus by emailing the department at your former school.
- Submit to the English Department Chair, either on paper to the Department office or by email.
- The Chair will forward your Pre-USD Form to the Registrar, who will email you regarding the status of your form.
- Go to the Transfer Equivalency search tool here or in mySanDiego.
- Check if your course has already been approved. If so fill out the petition and submit.
- If there is not already a Transfer Equivalency, you can submit a transfer petition from the same place.
- The online petition will allow you to attach a syllabus. This is essential. You can usually get a syllabus by emailing the department at your former school.
- Within several days the Registrar will email you regarding the status of your form.
Petition for approval before taking a course.
Credits will be posted to your records only after USD receives your official transcript for the approved course. Please send official transcript to: Registrar’s Office, Founders Hall 117, 5998 Alcala Park, San Diego, CA 92110. Or if e-transcripts are sent, address them to firstname.lastname@example.org.