Daoist Contemplative Practice
The Daoist Contemplative Practice workshop explores important Daoist contemplative practices. This workshop may be adapted to a more religiously committed audience or to a more "ecumenical" audience.
The standard format involves instruction on and direct experience with Daoist standing, walking and sitting meditation. It also includes a session on Daoist scripture study and contemplative reading. This format may be adapted to the particular interests of organizers and/or participants.
A typical Sunday workshop utilizes the following format:
- 9:00am-10:30am: Daoist standing meditation and Yangsheng practice
- 10:30am-12:00pm: Lecture or Daoist walking meditation
- 12:00-1:30pm: Lunch break
- 1:30-3:00pm: Scripture study and contemplative reading
- 3:00-4:30pm: Daoist seated meditation and self-massage
- 4:30-5:00pm: Concluding conversation