Lambda Pi Eta
The Department of Communication Studies is proud to have obtained a campus charter of Lambda Pi Eta, the National Honor Society for undergraduates in Communication.
Communication Studies Honor Society
Lambda Pi Eta is the official communication studies honor society of the National Communication Association (NCA) and is accredited by the Association of College Honor Societies.
The goals of Lambda Pi Eta are to:
- Recognize, foster and reward outstanding scholastic achievement in communication studies.
- Stimulate interest in the field of communication.
- Promote and encourage professional development among communication majors.
- Provide an opportunity to discuss and exchange ideas in the field of communication.
- Establish and maintain closer relationships between faculty and students.
- Explore options for graduate education in communication studies.
To become a member of Lambda Pi Eta, a student must:
- Have completed at least 60 semester hours in college.
- Have completed at least 12 semester hours in communication studies.
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 and a minimum GPA of 3.25 in the major.
- Be currently enrolled as a student in good standing.
- Display commitment to the field of communication.
Members are encouraged to like the Lambda Pi Eta page on facebook to keep up with people and current events.
Brad Bond, PhD