Bridges to Doctoral Institutions
Deadline: 5:00 PM on Friday, March 3, 2017 (decisions announced Friday, March 31, 2017)
In partnership with The Luce Foundation, which has an interest in promoting women in science, the Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry at USD is pleased to announce a newly funded program for female USD chemistry and biochemistry majors interested in doing summer research at a Ph.D.-granting University.
• Experience graduate school by doing research at a Ph.D.-granting institution.
• Participate in exciting research while working in a graduate research laboratory.
• Preview a graduate program you may apply to in the future.
• Fulfill the research requirement for USD Chemistry and Biochemistry majors.
• Earn a $5,000 summer stipend (to cover room, board, travel, and living expenses)
Who can apply?
A female USD student who
i) is currently a sophomore, junior, or senior who wants a head start in graduate school (preference is given to junior level)
ii) and has declared a major in Chemistry or Biochemistry
iii) and is interested in attending graduate school (this program is not appropriate for students interested in health professional programs such as MD, DO, DDS, PharmD, or DVM.)
Awards are competitive and made based on the following criteria:
1) commitment to obtaining an advanced degree in chemistry or biochemistry
2) prior research experience at USD
3) overall transcript and science grades
If you are planning a career in health professions, this is not an appropriate program for you. This is for students planning to attend graduate school in chemistry or biochemistry.