Petition to Transfer Credits
Need advising on transferring credits from a community college or other university? Your advisor or the Undergraduate Admissions department can help.
How to Petition to Transfer Credit:
- Current students who are looking to transfer credits to the University of San Diego should access the "Transfer Credit Processing" section of their "MyAcademic" tabs of the MySanDiego portal.
- In the portal, students will be able to search for course equivalencies based on institutions and USD course number.
- No online courses accepted
- Courses taken as Pass/Fail are not accepted
- Any transferred course must be passed with a grade of "C- or higher"
- A transfer course is much more likely to be approved if there is a "reasonable parallel" to a course in the current department at USD.
- To transfer credit from any international or study abroad program, whether affiliated or non-affiliated, please meet with an International Studies Abroad advisor in Serra 315.
- To arrange transfer credit from a course you plan to take at a college or university in the United States, login to your MySanDiego account. Under the Torero Hub Tab, click on My Academics.
- Keep in mind USD's residence requirement, which stipulates that you must take your final 30 units at USD, unless you have a waiver from your dean.
NOTE: that USD does not accept transfer credit for online courses.