Why Choose a Liberal Arts and Sciences Education?
As a result of USD's commitment to the liberal arts, many of our graduates have advanced to distinguished careers in teaching, research, medicine, law, journalism, politics, the arts, philanthropy and international business.
A liberal arts and sciences education can help you:
- Acquire the skills to become a lifelong learner, which often translates into a whole variety of rewarding careers and can lead to a enriched, balanced, engaged and fulfilling lifestyle.
- Learn how to think critically and independently, speak and write effectively, and appreciate a diverse range of cultural and artistic traditions.
- Recognize the limits of your own knowledge and also acquire some of the critical tools needed to evaluate scientific theories, works of art, historical facts and philosophical traditions.
- Develop a habit of mind that is characterized by humility, honesty and a relentless intellectual curiosity.
- Become an ethical, effective and engaged global citizen.