The School of Business Student Internship Fund
What is the Student Internship Fund?
The School of Business Student Internship Fund provides high-quality business learning opportunities to our undergraduate and MBA students by offering grants to help fund students who are participating in a summer internship. The fund has been made possible by a generous donation from Mr. Albert P. Carey, Chief Executive Officer, PepsiCo Americas Beverages, which has motivated additional donors to contribute and grow the fund.
Step 1: Start Your Application
January 30th, 2017
Step 2: Submit
1st Submission Deadline:
March 1st, 2017
2nd Submission Deadline:
April 14th, 2017 (extended, final deadline)
Step 3: Wait for Selection Results
Applications will be carefully reviewed by the School of Business Student Internship Fund Committee. Students will be notified via email of their award status at the beginning of April or the beginning of May, depending on when they applied.
Funding decisions, including the amount awarded, will be at the discretion of the School of Business Internship Fund Committee.
Eligible internships must:
- Meet the NACE internship guidelines
- Be related to the student’s professional and career goals
- Be full-time (35+hours/week), during the summer months
- Be at least 6-10 weeks in duration
- Internships may be low-paying (below minimum wage), unpaid or for academic credit
Ineligible internships include:
- Internships at a relative’s business
- Internships that are virtual or remote
- Internships at The University of San Diego
To be eligible for this award, students must:
- Must be a declared School of Business undergraduate student
- Have an internship secured at the time you submit your application. Communication with your internship provider will occur: A signed offer letter from the internship provider will be requested and verification at the conclusion of the internship will be conducted before funds are released.
- Students must be currently enrolled at USD and in good academic standing. Cannot be in academic or disciplinary probation.
- Students must be enrolled in at least 3 credits for the fall semester following the summer internship. Therefore, cannot be an incoming freshmen or outgoing senior. Funds are allocated to your fall semester tuition.
- Not be receiving the Career Development Summer Internship Award. All funding to be received in connection with the internship must be disclosed on the application.
What is required of students who receive this award?
- Summer Internship Fund Orientation in May TBD
- Meet with donors of the Summer Internship Fund when they visit on campus
- Reflection at the end of internship to release funds
Career Development Center
Manchester Hall 101
5998 Alcalá Park
San Diego, CA 92110
Phone: (619) 260-4654
Fax: (619) 260-2270
Manchester Hall 101 (Main Hub)
- M-F: 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Drop-Ins: 11 a.m. - 12 p.m., 3 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Olin 141 & 143 (School of Business)
- M-F: 8 a.m.– 5 p.m.
- Drop-Ins: 9 a.m. -11 a.m., 2 p.m. - 4 p.m.*
- *check weekly schedule
Serra 207 & 223 (College of Arts and Sciences)
- 11 a.m. - 12 p.m., 2 p.m. - 3 p.m.
Loma 210 (School of Engineering)
- 10 a.m. - 11 a.m.