Fourth Year Students
Every student follows a different path during their college years. We suggest a general action plan for you to tailor to your individual interests throughout your four years at the University of San Diego. These activities will help you gain a better understanding of your career options and prepare you for making decisions about employment or graduate/professional school. Career Services is here to provide assistance to all students every step of the way.
- Meet with a career counselor to develop your job search/graduate school action plan
- Update your LinkedIn profile and activate your free Premium account
- Stay up to date with career information from your Senior Career Concierge
- Practice your 60 second “elevator pitch”
- Tailor your resume and cover letters to the positions you are seeking
- Attend employer information sessions
- Apply to job postings on ToreroLink and other online sites
- Participate in on-campus interviews
- Attend networking events, Torero Talent Job and Internship Fair, and Career Expo
- Apply to graduate schools or long-term service programs
- Schedule information interviews with alumni or other professionals to learn about different positions and industries
- Consider different internships that will broaden your experience
- Participate in a Torero Trek
- Attend the Senior Seminar
- Join a professional association in your career field and attend events or conferences
- Free LinkedIn Premium Account
- Senior Career Concierge Program
- Torero Connections Mentor Program
Career Development Center
Manchester Hall 101
5998 Alcalá Park
San Diego, CA 92110
Phone: (619) 260-4654
Fax: (619) 260-2270
Manchester Hall 101 (Main Hub)
- M-F: 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Drop-Ins: 11 a.m. - 12 p.m., 3 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Olin 141 & 143 (School of Business)
- M-F: 8 a.m.– 5 p.m.
- Drop-Ins: 9 a.m. -11 a.m., 2 p.m. - 4 p.m.*
- *check weekly schedule
Serra 207 & 223 (College of Arts and Sciences)
- 11 a.m. - 12 p.m., 2 p.m. - 3 p.m.
Loma 210 (School of Engineering)
- 10 a.m. - 11 a.m.