Summer Internship Award
What is the Summer Internship Award?
The Summer Internship Award supports eligible USD students participating in meaningful summer internships, undergraduate research, or career-related community service.
The award is not a replacement for
Step 1: Start Your Application
January 23rd, 2017
Step 2: Submit
1st Submission Deadline:
March 1st, 2017
2nd Submission Deadline:
April 1st, 2017
Step 3: Wait for Selection Results
Applications will be carefully reviewed by a selection committee made up of Career Development Center staff members.
Students will be notified via email of their award status at the beginning of April or the beginning of May, depending on when they applied.
Eligible internships must:
- Be a minimum of 6 weeks in length
- Be a minimum of 240 hours total
- Be off campus
- Meet NACE internship guidelines
Ineligible internships include:
- Internships that require students to pay to participate
- Internships that mandate students receive academic credit
- Internships that are virtual/remote
- Internships unaligned with USD's mission & values
To be eligible for this award, students must:
- Have an internship secured at the time you submit your application. Verification from the internship provider prior to and at the conclusion of the internship will be required.
- Be University of San Diego undergraduate students who are neither incoming freshmen nor outgoing seniors and who will be enrolled full-time at the University of San Diego (or in a USD study abroad program) in the fall following the summer internship.
- Not be receiving the School of Business Internship Fund. All funding to be received in connection with the internship must be disclosed on the application.
- Not be on academic or disciplinary probation.
What is required of students who receive this award?
- Summer Internship Award orientation in May 2017
- End of summer reception in September 2017
- Inform the USD Career Development Center immediately of any changes to the internship information included on the application
- Submit reflective statement at end of summer
- Submit photos/videos of internship
- Have supervisor complete internship confirmation form
- Complete end of summer survey
- Kenrose Kitchen Table Foundation
- USD Parent Association Board
- USD Career Development Center
For More Information:
For more information about this award please contact Maya Coopergard Sykes at firstname.lastname@example.org or 619-260-4654.
Career Development Center
Manchester Hall 101
5998 Alcalá Park
San Diego, CA 92110
Phone: (619) 260-4654
Fax: (619) 260-2270
Manchester Hall 101 (Main Hub)
- M-F: 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Drop-Ins: 11 a.m. - 12 p.m., 3 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Olin 141 & 143 (School of Business)
- M-F: 8 a.m.– 5 p.m.
- Drop-Ins: 9 a.m. -11 a.m., 2 p.m. - 4 p.m.*
- *check weekly schedule
Serra 207 & 223 (College of Arts and Sciences)
- 11 a.m. - 12 p.m., 2 p.m. - 3 p.m.
Loma 210 (School of Engineering)
- 10 a.m. - 11 a.m.