Each semester University of San Diego Career Services hosts on-campus interviews as well as presentations by employers and graduate/professional school recruiters. On-Campus Interviewing offers current USD seniors, graduate students, and recent alumni the opportunity to interview with a variety of organizations.
Employers typically interview for entry-level positions. Some organizations will also interview sophomores and juniors for internship and summer positions. Accessing On-Campus Interviewing requires online registration through ToreroLink, Career Services’ online recruiting system.
Assistance with On-Campus Interviewing
To assist students with On-Campus Interviewing, Career Services offers:
- Workshops on Interviewing Skills and Job Search Strategy
- Individualized Assistance (call or visit Career Services)
- Instructional handouts (under Resources or in Hughes 110)
- Practice interviews (use InterviewStream or schedule an appointment for a practice session)
Where to Participate in On-Campus Interviews
All interviews are held in Hughes 110. Scheduling for interviews takes place online through ToreroLink. Once you receive an employer invitation to interview, you will have access to scheduling options. Check for online sign-up dates. Prior to your interview, check your e-mail regularly for updates from our office and employers. On the day of your interview, come to Hughes 110 and check in at the front desk.
Advice from Recent Recruiters
Recruiters frequently comment on preparation matters. They note that students who have practiced interviewing and reviewed their resume with a career counselor do quite well in the actual interviewing situation. Here is some advice from recent recruiters:
- Research the company with which you will be interviewing by visiting their websites and attending on-campus employer presentations.
- Ask questions about the company and the position for which you are applying. Investigate the industry in which an organization operates, and be ready to use this information to talk about industry trends with the interviewer.
- Present yourself as a professional: dress conservatively and arrive about 10 minutes prior to your interview.
"Thank you so much! Your revisions helped a lot and were much needed. I am so thankful that there are people like you at USD to help students."
Create a ToreroLink Account
Register online for ToreroLink.
USD students and alumni should call Career Services at (619) 260-4654 for a registration password.
Once you have registered, a personal password will be e–mailed to you. When you log in as a registered student/alumnus, you can change the password in your ToreroLink Profile.