Below you will find a wealth of information to help you prepare for an effective interview – the final step in the internship or job search process. Please review this information well before you begin interviewing in order to give yourself time to prepare well-organized responses and to research the employer. Attend a workshop on interviewing or schedule a practice interview with a career counselor.
Video Tips on USD Career Services’ Facebook Fan Page
- Tips for Effective Interviewing
- Typical Interview Questions
- How to Dress for Success
- Socializing in Professional Settings
- Behavioral Interviews
- Information Interviews
- Telephone Interviews
- The Second (On–Site) Interview
- Researching Employers
Online Interview Practice
Interview and Job Search Advice
Career Development Center
Manchester Hall 101
5998 Alcalá Park
San Diego, CA 92110
Phone: (619) 260-4654
Fax: (619) 260-2270
Manchester Hall 101 (Main Hub)
- M-F: 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Drop-Ins: 11 a.m. - 12 p.m., 3 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Olin 141 & 143 (School of Business)
- M-F: 8 a.m.– 5 p.m.
- Drop-Ins: 9 a.m. -11 a.m., 2 p.m. - 4 p.m.*
- *check weekly schedule
Serra 207 & 223 (College of Arts and Sciences)
- 11 a.m. - 12 p.m., 2 p.m. - 3 p.m.
Loma 210 (School of Engineering)
- 10 a.m. - 11 a.m.