Call (619) 260-2222 (24 hours, 7 days a week) to receive immediate assistance. When you call, ask to speak to a Campus Assault Resources Education (CARE) Advocate or Public Safety representative.
Advocates can also be reached at their on campus office or via email.
A trained CARE Advocate will:
- review options to ensure your safety, accessing ongoing support and professional service
- offer assistance if needed to notify family and/or friends
- offer assistance in making a report to the Department of Public Safety and learn about the University’s investigation and student conduct process (All cases brought forward to CARE Advocates will be reported to Public Safety. It is always the decision of the complainant whether or not to participate in an investigation).
- offer information about your right to file a criminal complaint
- offer information about USD’s policies and Title IX Coordinator
Call (619) 260-2222 (24 hours a day/7 days a week) to report the incident and to receive immediate assistance. When you call, a trained CARE Sexual Assault Advocate will be made available to accompany you through the reporting process (see above). If a report is made to Public Safety, the San Diego Police Department will automatically be contacted. This does not mean you have to file criminal charges or participate in an investigation. To access assistance off-campus call 911.
Call 911 to make a report and get immediate assistance off-campus.
The Department of Public Safety's Anonymous Reporting is an optoin available to report incidents.
A student can speak confidentially with:
- Psychologists or psychology interns at the Counseling Center by calling 619-260-4655
- Professional staff at the Center for Health and Wellness Promotion by calling 619-260-4618
- Full-time staff and members of clergy who work for University Ministry by calling 619-260-4735
Center for Community Solutions
A student can make a confidential report and access services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at The Center for Community Solutions Rape Crisis Center: 1-888-DVLINKS (385-4657). To receive assistance outside of USD, you can contact the San Diego Rape Crisis Center at (888)-385-4657 (http://www.ccssd.org/services_crisis.html). This service is free and confidential.
The decision to report or not has emotional, psychological, economic and social consequences. You must make the decision that best enables you to resume a healthy and productive life. We encourage you to report any sexual assault and/or any incident of sexual exploitation to access the range of supports and options available to help you.