The Intramural program is one of the best programs on campus. It's not only a great way to meet people and have a great time, but you might even get some fun exercise out of it too. That's why our intramural program has such a long, storied tradition at USD.
Our Goals For Your Experience
Fun, sportsmanship, and fellowship are the goals of the Intramural program. We want you to exercise, form friendships, develop lifetime interests and appreciate diversity and inclusion through participation in intramurals.
All levels are welcome - participation is the goal. We offer multiple levels of competition, from recreational to highly competitive leagues. Many participants play more than one activity.
To join in on the fun, gather some USD friends (students, staff, faculty or alumni with alumni membership) together and register online. Each member must register individually and pay a $20 semester participation fee. Please note that the Intramural fee is non-refundable, as it is the fee for the entire program, not for a specific league. The fee allows you to participate in as many leagues as you want. The only exception would be due to an injury before league play began that prevented participation. A doctor’s documentation will have to be provided in order for the refund to be processed.
Sign-Up and Registration Procedures (condensed)
- Register as an individual participant and pay your semester dues.
- The captain of the team will then:
- Register the team online by the entry deadline.
- Download the Roster Form [Excel].
- Fill out the Roster Form completely and save your changes:
Rosters with missing information will not be accepted.
If a player is not registered with the IM department, that player will not be eligible to play until they have registered. The captain will be notified of non-registered players.
- E-mail a completed copy of the Roster Form to the Intramural Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Download and review the "Captain's Handbook" [PDF] prior to the captain's meeting date (See Calendar).
- Attend the captain's meeting (See Calendar).
- Please visit our Registration Information page for a full step by step walk-through of the registration process.