USD Recreation offers a series of informative, fun, and healthy workshops and seminars every semester. Workshops are open to individuals, large groups, and small groups who are looking to add a little something extra to their health/fitness knowledge.
One-Night Specialty Classes:
Every semester, get ready to have some out-of-the-ordinary recreation fun with the One-Night Specialty classes. Every semester is different! Campus Recreation offers a specialty class a month such as the Zumbathon, Yoga Inversion, Ultimate Spin Endurance, Dance and Dine, Holiday Hip Hop, Dance Music Video and SO much more. All classes are open to any campus community member, and are usually between 60 to 90 minutes. Fees vary per program/class. These classes are a great way to have fun, focus on fitness/wellness, and get with your friends! Most classes even come with free refreshments/snacks after the class!
Spring 2014 class schedule:
- Yoga Inversion Workshop Series: a 80-min Power Flow yoga class designed to flip your perspective on your world by flipping you into inverted poses designed to calm the mind, de-stress, increase circulation, and improve your strength. Prior yoga experience is recommended (at least 6 months). Personal mats recommended but some will be available for check out.
- Sundays 6-7:20pm, Each class is $8 (sign up for one night or all nights!): 2/9, 2/16, 2/23, 3/2, 3/23, 3/30, 4/6 & 4/13
- Poetry of Yoga Workshop: Let loose your inner-yogi spirit with this one-night only 75-min workshop that will guide you through a Power flow series mixed in with spoken poetry about the mind-body connetion. You will leave this class relaxed, inspired, and just feelin' good!
- Tuesday 4/29, 8-9:15pm, $8 per person, must register online by 4/28
Click HERE to register for an one-night specialty class
Seminars & Workshops Upon Request:
- Women's Self Defense, $50, 6-15 people
- Massage Therapy & Holistic Health, $60, 4-16 people
- Nutrition Planning, fee varies, 1-20 people
- Stress Reduction Techniques, $40, 6-20 people
Small Group / Private Lessons & Classes Upon Request:
- Tennis: private $40/hr, semi private $25/hr per person
- Swimming: private $40/hr, semi private $25/hr per person
- Yoga / Pilates: private $40/hr, semi private $25/hr per person
- Dance: ballroom, hip hop, salsa, jazz, and more: private $40/hr, semi private $25/hr per person
- Circuit Training / Boot Camp: private $40/hr, semi private $25/hr per person
- CPR/First Aid/AED Certification, $80 per person, minimum of 6 per class, max of 12
Have a workshop/seminar idea not listed? Campus Recreation can make it happen! Call (619) 260-7751 or e-mail the Recreation Programs Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org with your idea.
To register your group or your self for a workshop/seminar/lesson:
Call (619) 260-7751 or e-mail the Recreation Programs Manager at email@example.com