USD Recreation offers a series of informative, fun, and healthy workshops and seminars every semester. Workshops are open to individuals, large groups, and small groups who are looking to add a little something extra to their health/fitness knowledge.
One-Night Specialty Classes:
Every semester, get ready to have some out-of-the-ordinary recreation fun with the One-Night Specialty classes. Every semester is different! Campus Recreation offers a specialty class a month such as the Zumbathon, Yoga Inversion, Ultimate Spin Endurance, Dance and Dine, Holiday Hip Hop, Dance Music Video and SO much more. All classes are open to any campus community member, and are usually between 60 to 90 minutes. Fees vary per program/class. These classes are a great way to have fun, focus on fitness/wellness, and get with your friends! Most classes even come with free refreshments/snacks after the class!
Fall 2013 class schedule:
- Nutrition & Personal Wellness: This workshop is designed to get you thinking about your diet and how that affects your overall wellness including sleep, energy, and mental alertness. Class will review diet fads and why they do not work and also review personal/individual wellness guidelines that target healthy weight loss (fat) and muscle gain. Free snacks.
- Tuesday 10/8, 6-7pm, SC 108G, $10 per person (must register online by 10/7)
- TRX Boot Camp Blast: a 75-min workshop/class designed to show you how to use the TRX machine and get in an amazing calorie blasting workout! Free snacks after class. All levels welcome!
- Tuesday 11/5, 1-2:15pm, Sports Center pool deck, $8 per person (must register online by 11/4)
- Yoga Inversion: a 75-min Power Flow yoga class designed to flip your perspective on your world by flipping you into inverted poses designed to calm the mind, de-stress, increase circulation, and improve your strength. No prior yoga experience needed. Personal mats recommended but some will be available for check out. Free snacks after class.
- Sunday, 12/8, 5-6:15pm, SC 109, $8 per person (must register online by 12/6)
Click HERE to register for an one-night specialty class
Seminars & Workshops Upon Request:
- Women's Self Defense, $50, 6-15 people
- Massage Therapy & Holistic Health, $60, 4-16 people
- Nutrition Planning, fee varies, 1-20 people
- Stress Reduction Techniques, $40, 6-20 people
Small Group / Private Lessons & Classes Upon Request:
- Tennis: private $40/hr, semi private $25/hr per person
- Swimming: private $40/hr, semi private $25/hr per person
- Yoga / Pilates: private $40/hr, semi private $25/hr per person
- Dance: ballroom, hip hop, salsa, jazz, and more: private $40/hr, semi private $25/hr per person
- Circuit Training / Boot Camp: private $40/hr, semi private $25/hr per person
- CPR/First Aid/AED Certification, $80 per person, minimum of 6 per class, max of 12
Have a workshop/seminar idea not listed? Campus Recreation can make it happen! Call (619) 260-7751 or e-mail the Recreation Programs Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org with your idea.
To register your group or your self for a workshop/seminar/lesson:
Call (619) 260-7751 or e-mail the Recreation Programs Manager at email@example.com