USD Recreation offers a series of informative, fun, and healthy workshops and seminars every semester. Workshops are open to individuals, large groups, and small groups who are looking to add a little something extra to their health/fitness knowledge.
One-Night Specialty Classes:
Every semester, get ready to have some out-of-the-ordinary recreation fun with the One-Night Specialty classes. Every semester is different! Campus Recreation offers a specialty class a month such as the Zumbathon, Yoga Inversion, Ultimate Spin Endurance, Dance and Dine, Holiday Hip Hop, Dance Music Video and SO much more. All classes are $5, open to any campus community member, and are usually between 60 to 90 minutes. These classes are a great way to have fun, focus on fitness, and get with your friends! Most classes even come with free refreshments/snacks after the class!
Spring 2013 class schedule:
- Intro to Yoga Workshop,$5, 1/30, 5:30-7pm, MFC 108
- Zumbathon, $5, 10/17, 7-8:30pm, Salomon Hall
- Yoga Detox, $5, 3/13, 5:30-7pm, Salomon Hall
- Party Ride, $5, TBA
Click HERE to register for an one-night specialty class
Seminars & Workshops:
- Women's Self Defense, $50, 6-15 people
- Massage Therapy & Holistic Health, $60, 4-16 people
- Nutrition Planning, fee varies, 1-20 people
- Stress Reduction Techniques, $40, 6-20 people
Small Group / Private Lessons & Classes:
- Tennis: private $40/hr, semi private $25/hr per person
- Swimming: private $40/hr, semi private $25/hr per person
- Yoga / Pilates: private $40/hr, semi private $25/hr per person
- Dance: ballroom, hip hop, salsa, jazz, and more: private $40/hr, semi private $25/hr per person
- Circuit Training / Boot Camp: private $40/hr, semi private $25/hr per person
- CPR/First Aid/AED Certification, $80 per person, minimum of 6 per class, max of 12
Have a workshop/seminar idea not listed? Campus Recreation can make it happen! Call (619) 260-7751 or e-mail the Recreation Programs Manager at email@example.com with your idea.
To register your group or your self for a workshop/seminar/lesson:
Call (619) 260-7751 or e-mail the Recreation Programs Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org