Welcome to the new Torero Well-Being Zone
What is The Zone?
The Zone is a concept developed to address the wellness needs of our campus community. Transcending a physical space, The Zone is a state of mind, a way of living, and an opportunity for members to holistically explore and discover themselves in mind, body and spirit.
Get in The Zone Today:
Wellness Baseline Questionnaire
- Discover your very own Torero Wellness Score by completing your wellness baseline assessment today! Simply log in to your MySanDiego portal and click on the Wellness Score portlet in your Torero Life tab.
Fitness Testing & Mapping
- The Zone offers state of the art advanced fitness testing and long-term mapping. We use the high-tech MacroFit system that can test resting heart rate, blood pressure, weight, height, BMI, body fat percentage, max oxygen output under cardiovascular pressure (VO2), bicep strength, flexibility and more. The test is administered with a trained fitness assessment technician who will give each client a print out of their results as well as discuss options on how to improve categories to achieve optimal wellness. Scores can be reassessed and updated with each test to track progress over time.
- $15 per person, 45-50 minute test
- Check out the MicroFit Fitness Test demo video to see what the buzz is all about
- Register today for your personalized fitness test
One-On-One Wellness Programs & Consultations
- Meet with one of our certified and knowledgeable specialists to meet your wellness and fitness needs. We offer the following services:
- Every semester, we offer a variety of certification courses that will expand your wellness knowledge and skill set. Possibilities include:
- CPR/AED/First Aid
- ACE Personal Training Prep Course
- Water Safety Instructor
- Classes are open to all USD affiliates and can be takes as credit or non-credit. View the current Recreation class schedule.
- Each year we design a series of workshops designed to meet the current trends and needs. Examples of workshops include:
- Smoking Cessation
- Healthy Back
- Poetry and Yoga
- Mindful Happiness
- View the current semester's schedule or get more information on Wellness Workshops
Stress Management Programs
- Individuals or small groups can request a stress management workshop with one of our trained meditation and/or yoga instructors. They will review breathing exercises, mindfulness, meditation and also offer other unique tips and perspectives on how to effectively manage stress using healthy and holistic measures. Our instructors and staff can also help refer you and get you connected to other on-campus resources such as the Counseling Center, The Center for Health and Wellness Promotion, and the Student Health Center.
- Please contact the Assistant Director of Recreation Programs to schedule a session or to get more information (firstname.lastname@example.org, 619-260-7751)
Looking for more information on The Zone or want to request a specific program not included on our above list? Contact the Assistant Director of Recreation Programs (email@example.com, 619.260.7751) and Get in the Zone today!