Health and Fitness Annex
The USD Campus Recreation Health and Fitness annex offers services, information and instruction to the USD community.
The services offered include: massage therapy, athletic training and injury rehabilitation. Annex services are available to all USD students, faculty and staff.
McNamara Fitness Center at Jenny Craig Pavilion
The McNamara fitness center, located in the Jenny Craig Pavilion, is available for daily use for those who possess a Torero ID card or a valid Facilities Use Pass. The fitness center offers numerous cardio machines, weight machines, and free weights. Day use locker rooms are available. The Fitness Center requires a USD ID for use. Fitness Center telephone: (619) 260-4353.
Mission Cafe' and Fitness Center
Located in the heart of the Missions Housing area, the Missions Cafeé and Fitness Center (est. 2007) is an 8,515 square foot wellness focused facility located in the heart of Missions housing. This center is designed to strengthen the minds, bodies and spirits of students through the service of the fitness center and café. This facility is only open to current USD Torero ID card holders.
The fitness center features:
- Group Exercise Room: 440 square feet
- Cardio Equipment: 10 treadmills, 11 elliptical machines, 4 stationary bikes and a Stairmaster
- Strength Training: Racks of free weights (ranging from 5 – 50 lbs), medicine balls and other balance tools
- The Missions Café: Full-service coffee/juice bar and sandwich shop featuring an assortment of healthy food choices and late night snack options including fresh organic foods such as sandwiches, salads, and frozen yogurt.
The Sports Center is located on the east end of campus and offers: basketball/volleyball gym, swimming pool, tennis courts, fitness/dance rooms and locker rooms. The Sports Center also houses both the Campus Recreation department and Intercollegiate Athletic department. This facility is open to current USD Torero ID card holders and Facility Use Pass holders.
Campus Recreation utilizes two multi-purpose fields, both of which feature "Sprint Turf" and stadium lighting:
- Manchester Field: 115 yards x 70 yds (approx)
- Valley Field: 105 yards x 55 yards (approx)
Field usage is restricted to USD community members only. The field schedule changes on a daily basis. Athletic teams, Intramural sports, Club Sports and pre-scheduled special events have priority. Recreation use is not permitted when any of these listed groups are using the fields.