Campus Recreation often has part-time jobs available. Check this page frequently to see the latest updates.
Background Check Process
Please note that all offers of employment (both student employees and non-student employees) are contingent upon completing and passing a required background check. The offer of employment may be discontinued at any time if the background check conditions are not met
Available Part Time Positions
Recreation Fitness Class Instructors (Fall 2014)
Instruct recreation and/or fitness classes in the Campus Recreation department. For credit classes: Develop class syllabus and lesson plans; record and submit student attendance, mid-term and final grades. Maintain a safe and healthy instructional environment; ability to effectively communicate, demonstrate and instruct the skills required of the listed course.
- Past teaching experience in the related field you are applying for
- Fitness instruction certification (if applicable to the class you are applying for)
- Current CPR/First Aid/AED certifications
- Personal fitness level necessary to teach the assigned course
Pay is set at $20/hour. Dates of employment are 8/30/14 through 12/21/2014 unless otherwise indicated.
Classes available Fall 2014 (NOTE: we cannot change class days/times):
- Masters Swim Coach, Mon/Wed 6-7pm
- Swim Conditioning Workout, Sundays 4-5pm (9/14-11/9 ONLY)
Fitness & Recreation:
- Boot Camp Blast, Tu/Th 8-8:55am
- TRX Workout, Tu/Th 9-9:55am
- Pilates Sculpt, Mon/Wed 1:25-2:20pm
- Tennis (Beginning level), Tu/Th 12:30-1:25pm
- Beach Volleyball (Co Ed), Tuesdays 1-2pm (*class located at South Mission Beach, ONLY 9/9 - 10/21)
We do not hold resumes for future positions.
To apply, please send your resume along with three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Intramural Sports Officials
USD IM Sports is hiring sports officials for the Fall 2014 Intramural season. We have openings in football, soccer, volleyball, softball, and basketball. No officiating experience is necessary, but knowledge of the sport is required. Paid training provided.
To apply, send your resume to email@example.com. Call 619-260-4275 for more information.
USD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.