Campus Recreation often has part-time jobs available. Check this page frequently to see the latest updates.
Background Check Process
Please note that all offers of employment (both student employees and non-student employees) are contingent upon completing and passing a required background check. The offer of employment may be discontinued at any time if the background check conditions are not met
Available Part Time Positions
Recreation Fitness Class Instructors (Spring 2014)
Instruct recreation and/or fitness classes in the Campus Recreation department. For for-credit classes: Develop class syllabus and lesson plans for the credit classes; record and submit student attendance, mid-term and final grades. For drop-in Group Ex as well as Credit classes: Maintain a safe and healthy instructional environment; ability to effectively communicate, demonstrate and instruct the skills required of the listed course.
- Past teaching experience in the related field you are applying for
- Fitness instruction certification (if applicable to the class you are applying for)
- Current CPR/First Aid/AED certifications
- Personal fitness level necessary for teaching the assigned course
Pay is set at $20/hour. Dates of employment are 1/27/14 though 05/13/14 unless otherwise indicated.
Instructors needed for SPRING 2014 (please do not apply for the listed positions if you cannot do the listed days/time. We cannot change class days/times):
- Water Safety Instructor (WSI) Certification: Saturdays & Sundays from 4/5/14 - 5/4/14 only 12-4pm. *Must have WSI IT and have access to record certifications through the Red Cross or American Heart Association.
- Fitness/Mind & Body
- Taekwondo: Sundays 12-1:30pm, only 2/2/14 - 4/13/14
- Pilates Mat: T/Th 9-9:55pm
- Boot Camp Blast: M/W 4-4:55pm
- Advanced Level Yoga: Sundays 6-7:20pm, only 2/2/14 - 4/13/14
- TRX Boot Camp: Wednesdays 4-4:45pm (Group Ex)
- TRX Boot Camp: Sundays 3-3:45pm (Group Ex)
- Martial Arts
- Brazilian Jui Jitsu Level 2 (advanced): Saturdays 1-2:25pm, only 2/1/14 - 4/12/14
- Cardio Country Line Dancing: Tu/Th 7-7:55pm
- Zumba: Mon/Wed 7-7:55pm
- Zumba: T/Th 8-8:55pm
- Recreation & Other
- Group Exercise Certification Prep Course: Wednesdays 4-4:55pm. *Must have current Group Ex certification
- Tennis- Beginner Level: Tu/Th 12:30-1:25pm (must also teach level 2 class as listed below)
- Tennis- Intermediate Level: Tu/Th 1:30-2:25pm (must also teach level 1 class as listed above)
We do not hold resumes for future positions.
To apply, please send your resume along with three references to email@example.com.
USD Personal Training motivates and educates our university community to holistically embrace and sustain a lifestyle of optimal health and fitness.
- As a member of the Campus Recreation University Fitness team, trainers provide personal training services, within professional scope of practice, that offer clients a method to maximize training time.
- As a USD representative, this position aims to cultivate healthy lifestyle practices, promoting wellness in mind, body and spirit.
- Trainers schedule and complete record keeping according to industry standard and departmental procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct individual personal training sessions
- Monitor and instruct safe and effective usage of fitness equipment
- Assist in planning, promotion and assessment of USD Training Program
- Adhere to current departmental and fitness center policies and procedures, including but not limited to:
- Never solicit patrons for off-campus personal training
- Only promote products and/or service endorsed by USD and Campus Recreation
- Perform other tasks deemed necessary in the normal course of business to provide a superior level of service and Campus Recreation image to the USD community in order to exceed patron expectations.
- National Personal Training and/or related certifications (i.e. CSCS)
- CPR/AED and Basic First Aid certification
- Advanced knowledge of human anatomy, physiology, and kinesiology
- Advanced knowledge of standard fitness screening procedures
- Advanced knowledge of machine weights, free weights, flexibility, and cardiovascular (CV) equipment
- Excellent verbal communication and promotional skills
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Must be able to demonstrate and verbally explain proper equipment usage
- Requires bending, twisting, pulling, reaching, stretching, straining, kneeling, grasping, gripping, and frequent lifting of up to fifty pounds and occasionally up to one hundred pounds
- Work also involves standing for long periods of time
Acknowledgment of Professional Limitations
To apply, please email resume with at least 3 professional references to University Fitness Programs Manager, Barbara Zackowski at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Intramural Sports Officials
USD IM Sports is hiring sports officials for the Fall 2010 Intramural season. We have openings in football, soccer, volleyball, softball, and basketball. No officiating experience is necessary, but knowledge of the sport is required. Paid training provided.
To apply, send your resume to email@example.com. Call 619-260-4275 for more information.
USD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.