Campus Recreation often has part-time jobs available. Check this page frequently to see the latest updates.
Background Check Process
Please note that all offers of employment (both student employees and non-student employees) are contingent upon completing and passing a required background check. The offer of employment may be discontinued at any time if the background check conditions are not met.
Available Part Time Positions
Recreation Fitness Class Instructors (Spring 2015)
Instruct recreation and/or fitness classes in the Campus Recreation department. For credit classes: Develop class syllabus and lesson plans; record and submit student attendance, mid-term and final grades. Maintain a safe and healthy instructional environment; ability to effectively communicate, demonstrate and instruct the skills required of the listed course.
- Past teaching experience in the related field you are applying for
- Fitness instruction certification (if applicable to the class you are applying for; required to show proof by first date of employment)
- Current CPR/First Aid/AED certifications (required to show proof by first date of employment)
- Personal fitness level necessary to teach the assigned course
Pay is set at $20/hour. Dates of employment are 1/26/15 through 5/11/15 unless otherwise indicated.
Classes available Spring 2015 (NOTE: we cannot change class days/times):
- Pilates Mat: M/W, 1:25-2:20pm
- Pilates Sculpt: T/Th, 2:30-3:25pm
- Lifeguard Certification Course: Sat/Sun 11am-5pm (dates are only 4/18-4/26)
- Tennis- Beginning: T/TH, 12:30-1:25pm
- Tennis- Intermediate: M/W, 5-5:55pm
- Tennis- Advanced: M/W, 6-6:55pm
We do not hold resumes for future positions.
To apply, please send your resume along with three professional references to email@example.com.
Intramural Sports Officials
USD IM Sports is hiring sports officials for the Spring 2015 Intramural season. We have openings in football, soccer, volleyball, softball, and basketball. No officiating experience is necessary, but knowledge of the sport is required. Paid training provided.
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Call 619-260-4275 for more information.
USD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.