USD Alumni* are eligible to obtain a "Facility Use Pass" that allows access to the Sports Center (Pool, Basketball Courts, Tennis Courts, Locker Room) and the Jenny Craig Pavilion McNamara Fitness Center.
Passes are $75 for 4 months or $150 for an entire year. You may also purchase a single day pass for $5 per day.
Please note there is a $15 replacment fee for a lost/damaged card.
*For exactly one year from the date of graduation, alumni are eligible to use the listed facilities at no extra charge (all alumni are required to have a facilities use pass to gain entrance in to any recreation/fitness facilities- your alumni association card is NOT a facilities use pass).
Alumni who have a facilities use pass may bring in up to 2 adult guests per visit. Guests passes are $5 per day, $20 per week or, the card holder can purcahse a 4 month pass or 1 year pass on their guest's behalf.
Card holders can bring in their immediate family children (12 and under) for free (only up to 4 children per card holder though). Any family member who is 13 and older must purcahse a guest pass. Note: minors may NOT use the fitness centers at any time. The card holder must activly supervise all minors iif they are using the sports center.
Process to Obtain a Facilities Use Pass
- Contact Alumni Relations to obtain your Alumni Association Membership Card.
- The Alumni Association Membership card does not grant the Alumni access to the recreation facilities. A Facilities Use Pass is the only pass that grants access to the facilities.
- Obtain your Facility Use Pass.
- To purchaes/obtain a Facility Use Pass, please visit the Recreation Office at the Sports Center and be prepared to present your Alumni Association Membership Card and pay via cash, check, or credit card. You will also need to sign the online liability waiver agreement. Passes may be purchased during office hours (see website for listed hours).
- The Recreation Programs Manager, Serena Boyd, is the only person who can issue the actual laminated pass (Mon-Fri 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.). However, if you cannot be here during her office hours, you may stop by the Recreation Main Office to purchase the pass from the Recreation Office Assistant. Then, Serena will create and issue you your pass the following business day. You may also call/e-mail Serena at email@example.com, 619-260-7751. Please have your Alumni Association ID number ready to go when you talk to her and/or when you purchase your pass.
- Please note there is a $15 replacment fee for any lost/damaged card.
Fitness and Recreation Programs
USD alumni are eligible to participate in any recreation activity, special event, or class we offer. From intramurals, non-credit classes and massage, to Fit and Active group fitness classes and Personal Training, anything!
In fact, we encourage alumni participation to build community and relationships between alumni and students.
Please call (619) 260-7751 for more information.
*Alumni must first obtain a Facility Use Pass before participating in any on-campus recreation program.