We have collected the following tools to help you prepare to find and acquire the right job.
- USD Career Services Online Resources page is a comprehensive set of online resources and tools for business students.
- Career Leader is a web-based comprehensive career assessment tool based on over 20 years of scientific research. CareerLeader measures your interests, your abilities and what you find most motivating in work. Go to www.careerleader.com to take the assessment. (For MBA students only, this service is free. Email James Sillcox, senior director of graduate business career services to set up your account.)
- WetFeet provides comprehensive company research and career-related information to help you make better career decisions, and to provide the latest job opportunities. Additionally, WetFeet publishes the highly-regarded WetFeet Insider Guides series of career management guidebooks for job seekers, which are sold to job seekers worldwide.”
- Inside Prospects provides the only locally compiled database of businesses for San Diego. For access, alumni and students will need to either login through MySanDiego, or access the website from an on–campus computer.
- CareerTV: CareerTV offers employer videos featuring multiple employer videos where they share their company culture and the benefits of working for their company. Also watch interview videos, which provide tips directly from the recruiters with whom you will be interviewing!
- Going Global provides comprehensive career and employment resources for evaluating, selecting and transitioning into a successful career in a foreign country. Boasting more than one million users since their founding in 2002, Going Global resources are used around the world by university career centers, educational and institutional libraries, corporate Human Resources departments, and international government agencies.
- ToreroLink: Employers reach out to USD to post internships or full time positions on our university job posting system Torero Link.
- CareerShift: Offers the most comprehensive online resource, designed to support the # 1 request of job seekers: an easy to use web site to conduct and organize their job search. CareerShift provides an easy-to-use approach for bringing all these parts together.
- InterviewStream: Practice interviewing online at InterviewStream. You can review with your career coach or mentor to receive feedback until you feel comfortable and prepared for the real thing!
- The Occupational Outlook Handbook describes what workers do on the job, working conditions, training and education needed, earning, and expected job prospects in a wide range of occupations.
- Glassdoor Salary Listings provides company-specific salary and benefits information. Riley Guide provides salary information as well as salary negotiation tips.
- Indeed.com provides a job search engine for job sites, newspapers, associations, and company career pages.