Accounting Society Mission Statement
The Accounting Society's mission is:
- To provide members with opportunities for academic, personal and professional development so that they may contribute effectively and ethically to their organizations and society;
- To serve the community and develop individuals as conscientious members of the community through participation in civic activities;
- To build unity within the organization and establish friendships and networks that extend beyond the college career;
- To educate members about the opportunities provided by all sectors of the business professions including accounting, finance, real estate, information technology and supply chain management;
- To aspire to continuous improvement in all activities so that members may perform effectively in today’s business environment; and most importantly, to have fun with fellow classmates and members.
These requirements are intended to illustrate an exceptional commitment to the student accounting organizations that award them. There are no exceptions (unless otherwise stated) to any of the requirements.