MBA Career Services
USD’s MBA Career Services (MBACS) provides the tools you need -- from connecting with a mentor, prospective employer, or industry expert to refining your networking and interviewing skills -- to be successful as you launch your post-MBA career.
Career Services will work with you one on one to develop and refine the following skills:
- Self-awareness (passions, strengths, weaknesses, values, priorities, cultural and environmental preferences, reward preferences)
- Career visioning (career goals, career path)
- Networking (social and conversational skills, relationship skills)
- Job search mechanics (resume writing, letter/email writing, interviewing, negotiating and closing skills)
Throughout your time at USD, you will create and implement your career plan as well as:
- Craft a resume and a portfolio of targeted resumes
- Polish your professional image and personal sales pitch
- Network with alumni and other business professionals
- Attend Industry Experts Panels and Executive Speaker Series
- Organize career prospects and contacts for informational interviews through CareerShift (a job search and person search platform that organizes and manages the entire process from one location while preparing for future career)
- Hone your interviewing skills with Interview Stream (a video software that records your live interview answers, allowing for immediate critique)
- Negotiate and close on job offers
For questions about resources or to set up an appointment with MBA Career Services, contact Reyna Brook Sund at 619-260-4840.
Also be sure to check out these additional Career Resources.