Ready to apply for the Master of Accountancy (MACC) or Master of Science in Taxation (MTAX) programs? Below are the application guidelines.
International Applicants: June 1 for Fall, December 1 for Spring
To apply online:
- Click on the "Apply " button on this page to connect with the university's online application processing system.
- Complete the online registration form.
- Indicate that you are applying for a business school program and select the Master of Accountancy (MACC) or Master of Science in Taxation (MTAX) from the dropdown list of graduate programs.
- Follow the instructions to complete and submit the application.
You'll need the following information to complete your application.
- Application Fee: An application fee of $80 must accompany the graduate application, payable online. This application fee is non-refundable.
- Resume: A resume describing the nature, scope and areas of responsibility of all work experience and your educational background should be attached.
- Personal Statement: Provide a short essay response to the question about purpose and career. You may refer to your resume.
- Letters of Recommendation: Minimum of two (2).
- College/University Transcripts: Applicants must submit one official transcript in a sealed envelope from each college/university attended. This includes transcripts from junior/community colleges, transfer units from study abroad programs, summer courses and/or graduate work. For international applicants, transcript evaluation is required. See International Checklist below.
- GMAT: Minimum score of 550. For more information on preparing for the GMAT, visit USD's Test Prep site or call (619) 260-4579.
- TOEFL or IELTS: TOEFL minimum score of 92 or IELTS minimum score of 7. Required for all international applicants and can only be waived if English is your primary language or you have obtained a bachelor degree from the U.S., Great Britian, Canada or Australia. See International Checklist below.
International students, refer to International Checklist.