MAPJ and MBA Programs
Be a force for good in the world.
Master of Arts in Peace and Justice
Prepare yourself to promote peace and justice through innovative learning, interdisciplinary analysis, and advanced practice. Many people want to change the world. But drive alone is not enough. We merge theory and practice to give you conceptual insight and hands-on training so that passion for peace and justice transforms into visible change. Our Master of Arts in Peace and Justice program draws a dynamic and globally diverse student population from more than 30 countries on five continents. Our proximity to the U.S.-Mexico border provides real-time opportunities to engage in pressing peace and justice issues on both sides of the border.
Our two-year Master of Arts in Peace and Justice program prepares students from diverse backgrounds for careers ranging from conflict resolution and mediation to human rights, social entrepreneurship to education, development to advocacy. MAPJ students have undergraduate degrees in such diverse fields as political science, international relations, human rights, psychology, the arts or business administration.
- The only program focused on Peace and Justice
- Globally diverse student population
- Hands-on experience through the Trans-Border Institute
- U.N. opportunities through Kroc School's partnership
- No GRE required
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
We develop responsible business leaders with a global mindset through academic excellence that advances your career.
- Both our General Management and our International Business tracks incorporate cutting edge learning opportunities including:
- Experiential learning
- Coursework developed in partnership with corporate partners providing students with the specific knowledge and relevant skills required for business today
- Dual degree options to further strengthen professional skills in specific industry areas or broaden international experience
- Cohort format for core classes and small class sizes, allowing for a high level of interaction with faculty and classmates and building of a strong support network
- First hand global business experiences
- Focus on values-based education and research
- Social Entrepreneurship Challenge plus related speaker series and coaching sessions every academic year hosted by USD Center of Excellence Center for Peace and Commerce
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) coursework required for all MBA students
- Community service project requirement for applying business knowledge and contributing to the greater good
- Industry connections and coaching through the MBA Career Services Office