Accepted as an Incoming Transfer Student?

Here is what you need to know:

Welcome to USD. Once you have made your deposit, here are the next steps and what to expect in the coming weeks.

  1. A Transfer Analyst will review your official transcripts and courses will be updated on your degree audit, accessible for you to see through your USD Portal.
  2. All students need to take the language placement exam, even those who speak a second language at home. All USD students are required to take a minimum of three semesters of a second (or foreign) language at the college level (four semesters if majoring in International Business).* Details about taking the placement exam are found on the language department’s website, as well as information for international students and/or those who regularly speak a non-English language at home. 
  3. Submit the supplemental questionnaire for School of Business students. This needs to be completed after you have taken your language placement exam.
  4. If you have not taken a college level math course, you may either take the online math placement exam found on the math department’s website or you may use your SAT/ACT scores to determine the level of math you should register. Students who have taken an approved Calculus course at the college level are not required to take another math class. If you have taken a math class before coming to USD and you see it on your degree audit coded as ELCT, you will need to submit a full syllabus for the course to your advisor to provide to the department chair for further review.
  5. Once you have submitted your most recent term’s final transcript, most likely spring, and you have completed steps two through four above, you will receive an email from the School of Business Advising Office to schedule a meeting with a School of Business Academic Advisor.
  6. All students are required to be proficient in computer information systems and earn their excel certification
*If you have a disability that prevents you from learning languages, you will need to schedule an appointment with the Disability and Learning Difference Center to discuss alternatives.