Professional MBA Application Process
Admissions: Professional MBA.
Feel like joining our part-time MBA program? Here's what we need to get you going.
Your application checklist.
To get your application rolling, first you'll need to apply online. Then, just make sure to submit the following:
- Responses to three supplemental essays and an optional essay
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended (students educated outside of the U.S. should look at the Additional Requirements for International Applicants below)
- A professional resume of employment history (two-page maximum preferred)
- An official GMAT score report, school code 29B-Q2-68
- Note, we also accept the GRE, (code 4849); see our FAQs for more details. For more information on preparing for the GMAT or GRE, visit USD's Test Prep site or call (619) 260-4579
- Two professional recommendations
- Application fee of $80
- Official TOEFL score of 92 iBT or higher (code 4849) or IELTS score of 7.0 or higher (if applicable)
Are you an international student?
Please see the additional requirements we have for you below.
- If you are an international applicant, you must submit a Certification of Finances Form and official bank statements before you can be issued an I-20 for a student visa. The Certificate of Finances Form and bank statements may be submitted once you are admitted to an MBA program.
- If you were educated outside of the U.S., you must have a course-by-course degree evaluation conducted through World Education Services (WES) to ensure that your degree is equivalent to a U.S. bachelor's degree. You can request this after you have received an offer of admission by providing unofficial transcripts and applying by the priority deadline of April 1 for fall admission or October 15 for spring admission. Contact WES PO Box 5087, Bowling Green Station, New York, NY 10274, USA.
Application support materials should be sent directly to the following address:Office of Graduate Admissions University of San Diego 5998 Alcala Park San Diego, CA 92110
Note: Send all materials directly to Graduate Admissions and NOT to the MBA programs office/staff.