Johanna HunsakerProfessor of Management and Team Leader
Office LocationOlin Hall 313
- Ph.D. University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Urban Education, Business Administration and Sociology
- M.S. University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Philosophical and Cultural Foundations of Education
- B.S. University of Wisconsin, Madison, English and Education
Areas of Expertise
- DA Consulting: A Failed Change Initiative in Lessons in Leading Change: Learning from Real World Cases
- Managing People
- Educating Leaders to Manage Sub-optimization and Collaboration in Interdependent Team-based Organizations
- Increasing Student Learning Effectiveness with Team Charters
- Fundraising and Values: When Do you Say "No" to Money?
Johanna Hunsaker, professor of Management and Organizational Behavior, joined the USD faculty in 1981. Hunsaker previously taught at San Diego State University and the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. She has taught internationally in France, Germany, Hong Kong, and Saipan in the Northern Marianas Islands. In her years at USD Hunsaker has concentrated on effective teaching and curriculum development, designed new courses and practiced innovative teaching techniques. She consistently ranks in the top 10 percent of professors in the School of Business. Hunsaker has published over 50 articles, including a book on gender issues in the workplace, Strategies and Skills for Managerial Women. Much of her professional life has been committed to supporting women in leadership positions. She has served as a trainer, a consultant, and has been an expert witness in numerous court cases concerning sexual harassment and workplace discrimination.