Biljana Nikolic, Ph.D.Assistant Professor of Finance
Office LocationOlin Hall 333
- Ph.D. University of Missouri, Finance
- BBA, University of Braca Karic, Serbia
Areas of ExpertiseFinance
- Aggregate Short Selling, Commonality, and Stock Market Returns, Journal of Financial Markets
- Catering for Security Types: the Case of Warrants, Review of Behavioral Finance
- Anticipating the 2007-2008 Financial Crisis: Who Knew What and When Did They Know It?, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis
- Do Institutional Investors Have Market Timing Skills? Evidence From ETFs
- Momentum, Reversal, and Investor Overconfidence
- Tangible Information, Institutional Trading, and Stock Returns
Biljana Nikolic is an Assistant Professor of Finance at the University of San Diego. She taught undergraduate Financial Management and is currently focusing on teaching the undergraduate Investments course. She received Mortar Board Award in 2013.
Biljana’s research interests are in the area of empirical asset pricing, with particular focus on the cross-section of stock returns, institutional investors, and behavioral finance. Her work has been published in the Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Journal of Financial Markets, and Review of Behavioral Finance.