Jane JollineauDistinguished Professor of Accounting
Office LocationOlin Hall 218
Areas of Expertise
- WaMu's Option-ARM Strategy
- Evaluating Proposed Remedies for Credit Rating Agency Failures
- iRobot Corporation's Intellectural Property: Accounting For Research and Development Under US GAAP Versus IFRS
- Subordinates as the First Line of Defense Against Biased Financial Reporting
- Are M.B.A. Students a Good Proxy for Non-professional Investors?
Professor Jollineau joined USD after 21 years at the Foster School of Business at the University of Washington, where she was the Deloitte & Touche Professor of Accounting. Jane earned her PhD at Duke University, a MBA at the University of Alberta and a BBA at the University of New Brunswick (Saint John) in Canada.
She has co-authored a number of widely used cases and has earned multiple teaching awards, including the prestigious Paccar Award in 2004 from her MBA students at Washington. Jane was a visiting professor at INSEAD in France (2001) and at Nanyang Technological University in Singapore (2009).
Jane has served as an editor of The Accounting Review (for experimental research) and served on the editorial board of several academic journals.
Jane’s current research interests include the effects of human behavior on decision-making, financial reporting and auditing. Her Ph.D. students started their careers at schools such as Indiana University,…