Andrea Godfrey FlynnAssociate Professor of Marketing
Office LocationOlin Hall 107
- PhD, University of Texas at Austin, Marketing
- MBA, Babson College, Marketing
- BE, McGill University, Civil Engineering
Areas of ExpertiseMarketing
- Motivating Customers to Adhere to Expert Advice in Professional Services: A Medical Service Context, Journal of Service Research
- Physician Counseling of Overweight Patients About Preventive Health Behaviors, American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- When is Enough Enough? Balancing on the Fine Line in Multichannel Marketing Communications, GfK Marketing Intelligence Review
- Enough is Enough! The Fine Line in Executing Multichannel Relational Communication, Journal of Marketing
- How Complementary and Substitution Effects Alter the Customer Satisfaction-Repurchase Link, Journal of Marketing
- Do Satisfied Customers Always Buy More? The Roles of Satiation and Habituation in Customer Repurchase
- Identifying Customer-Centric, Cross-Category Product Groups: A Product Segmentation Model and Its Relationship to Customer Segmentation Models
- Do Satisfied Customers Buy More?
Andrea Godfrey Flynn is associate professor of marketing in the School of Business Administration at the University of San Diego, which she joined in 2012. She received her PhD in marketing from the University of Texas at Austin. Previously, she worked for several years in the consulting engineering industry. Her research interests involve applying empirical models of consumer purchasing behavior to guide customer management strategies in retailing and service settings. Her research has appeared in the Journal of Marketing, the Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Journal of Service Research and the American Journal of Preventive Medicine.