Moriah MeyskensClinical Professor of Management
Office LocationAlcala West, Coronado 107
- PhD, Florida International University, International Business & Marketing
- MBA, New York University, Management
- BA, University of California Los Angeles, Economics & Latin American Studies
Areas of ExpertiseManagement
- Social venture earned income strategies, Social Entrepreneurship: How Businesses Can Transform Society, ABC-CLIO, LLC
- An exploratory study of social venture competitions: Value creation at the individual, venture and societal levels, Theory and Empirical Research in Social Entrepreneurship, Edward Elgar
- Applying innovation theory to green-tech ventures, Patterns of Social Entrepreneurship Research
- Stakeholder salience & disruptive innovation in social entrepreneurship, Patterns of Social Entrepreneurship
- Human capital and hybrid ventures, Advances in Entrepreneurship, Firm Emergence, and Growth/ Emerald Group Publishing Limited
Moriah Meyskens is clinical professor of management in the School of Business Administration at the University of San Diego, where her areas of interest lie in entrepreneurship, strategy and international business with a particular focus on social entrepreneurship, bottom of the pyramid, corporate social responsibility, green-techs, business planning and partnership research.
At USD, Meyskens teaches classes in strategy, entrepreneurship, social entrepreneurship and small business management. She is the co-faculty advisor of the microfinance club, and actively assists with the Social Innovation Challenge and entrepreneurship initiatives on campus.
Meyskens has published several book chapters, GEM reports and peer-reviewed articles in Entrepreneurship Theory & Practice, Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, International Journal of Human Resource Management, Small Business Economics, the Journal of Social Entrepreneurship and the Journal of Enterprising Culture. She has more than eight years professional experience in finance and microfinance. She actively presents her work at different conferences including the Academy…