Carsten ZimmermannAssociate Professor of Management
- PhD, University of Cambridge
- MPhil, University of Cambridge
Areas of ExpertiseManagement
- Linking Strategic Flexibility and Operational Efficiency: The Mediating Role of Ambidextrous Operational Capabilities, Journal of Operations Management
- On the Relationship between Supplier Integration and Time-to-Market, Journal of Operations Management
- Reducing Uncertainty in Supplier Selection Decisions: Antecedents and Outcomes of Procedural Rationality, Journal of Operations Management
- Analyzing Social Bookmarking Systems: A del.icio.us Endeavor, International Journal of Data Warehousing and Mining.
Carsten Zimmermann is an associate professor, teaching strategic management, management consulting and global innovation courses. He is interested in questions that relate to the role of resources, ambidextrous practices and capabilities in strategic management and operations management. Recently, his work has been published at the Journal of Operations Management.
Building upon his management consulting experience, Zimmerman has helped to establish and grow dedicated executive education workshops, industry panels and tailored executive seminars. Over the past years, he has been involved in executive education for various organizations in diverse industries and across multiple business functions.
Recent awards include the 2013-2014 Steber Fellowship as well as several graduate teaching awards.