Denise DimonDirector, Ahlers Center for International Business
Associate Provost for International Affairs
Office LocationAlcala West, Coronado 116
- Ph.D. University of Illinois, Economics
- M.S. University of Illinois, Economics
- M.I.M. University of Denver, Masters of International Management
- B.A. University of Colorado, Economics
Areas of Expertise
- Women's Participation in a Two Tiered Informal Labor Sector
- Globalization and International Development: The Ethical Issues
- The Legacy of C.K. Prahalad: Business at the Base of the Pyramid
- EU and US Regionalism: The Case of Latin America
- Trade Regionalism of the US and the EU: Cooperative or Competitive Strategies
Denise Dimon has served as the Director of the Ahlers Center for International Business since 1999. She has always had an interest in international business having received a Masters in International Management from the University of Denver, and a Ph.D. in Economics from the University of Illinois with a specialization in international economics and economic development.
In addition to her activities within the Ahlers Center, she is also serving as the Associate Provost for International Affairs and Director of the International Center at the University of San Diego.
She has been a Fulbright Scholar in Argentina and Uruguay, a Distinguished Visiting Professor at the Graduate School of Business Administration and Leadership of at the Tecnológico de Monterrey (EGADE Campus Monterrey); a Visiting Professor at ESC Reims, France, Université Robert Schuman, ICES, Strasbourg, France, and EADA in Barcelona, Spain. She has held positions at numerous institutions as a visiting scholar and…