Shreesh DeshpandeProfessor of Finance
Area Chair, Finance
Office LocationOlin Hall 317
- Ph.D. Pennsylvania State University, Finance
- MBA Clarkson University
- B.Engg. Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Mechanical Engineering
Areas of Expertise
- Quantifying the choice between a Roth and traditional IRA
- Analyst Coverage of Acquiring Firms and Value Creation in Cross-Border Acquisitions
- Does Local News Matter to Investors?
- The Firm Price Effects of Regional Information Releases
- Special Dividends and Anticipated Tax changes: The impact on Rival Firms
Shreesh Deshpande taught at Concordia University (Montreal) and at Clarkson prior to joining USD in 1988. His primary teaching interests are in Corporate Finance and Investments in both the graduate and undergraduate programs. His international experience includes teaching in Canada, India, and Jamaica. Deshpande has published in the areas of corporate finance, derivatives and international finance. He also was a co-recipient of a competitive research grant from SSHRC Canada. He is on the Board of Directors of the Financial Executives Institute (San Diego) and is the faculty advisor for the "Friday Speaker Series" sponsored by the GBSA. He was voted "Professor of the Year 2000", "Professor of the Year 1999", "Professor who taught you the most 1998" by the graduating business students, and "SIBC Professor of the Year" in 2005.