Charles TeplitzProfessor of Decision Sciences
Office LocationOlin Hall 309
- D.B.A. Kent State University, Decision Sciences and Logistics
- MBA Kent State University, Operations Research
- B.B.A. Cleveland State University, Cost Accounting
Areas of Expertise
- Making Optimal Use of the Matrix Organization
- Is PMI Membership Growth All that it Appears?
- Using Online Poker to Introduce Game Theory Concepts
- Applying Collaborative Contracting to the Supply Chain Department of a Regional Health Care Provider
- "Learning Curve Setbacks: You Don't Always Move DOWN a Learning Curve"
Charles J. Teplitz is certified in production and inventory control (CPIM) and project management (PMP). Professor Teplitz joined the faculty of the University of San Diego in 1982 after a three year teaching appointment at the State University of New York at Albany. In 1995 and again in 2011 he was named the Clarence L. Steber Professor of Project and Operations Manageament which recognizes "substanial contributions in the areas of teaching, research and service." He served as director of Graduate Business Programs from 1994 to 1998 and as director of USD's Institute for Project Management for 15 years. Currentlyl he serves as the Chair of the Operations, Supply Chain and Information Management area. He is author of numerous articles on operations and project management and is a frequent speaker, trainer and consultant in the U.S. and abroad.