Simon CroomProfessor of Supply Chain Management
Office LocationAlcala West, Coronado 211
- Ph.D. University of Warwick (UK)
- M.S. University of Warwick (UK), Management Science and Operational Research
- B.A. Lanchester Polytechnic, Coventry (UK), Honours Degree in Business Studies
Areas of Expertise
- Introduction to Research Methodology in OM, Researching Operations Management (Ed C Karlsson)- Sage Publications
- Encyclopedic Dictionary of Operations Management, various Entries related to Purchasing and Supply Chain Management
- Supply Chain Paradigms, Understanding Supply Chains: Concepts, Critique and Futures, Edited by S. New & R.Westbrook
- Supply Chain Management: An Analytical Framework for Critical Literature Review, Operations Management Critical Perspectives on Business and Management
- Harnessing Global Potential: Insights into Managing Customers Worldwide, Strategic Account Management Association
Simon Croom has spent his entire professional career in supply chain management, both as practitioner and as a leading academic researcher. His postgraduate studies were in in both politics & history and management science. His Ph.D. research was into co-design capabilities in the auto industry supply chain of Jaguar Cars through the doctoral program of Warwick Business School in the UK. He was admitted as Fellow to the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply in 1992.
Croom has held an Associate Professorship in Operations at Warwick Business School for 12 years and previously was Senior Lecturer in Strategic Management, Operations Research and Supply Chain Management in the UK at Sheffield Hallam and Coventry Universities. He is a Research Fellow at Curtin Business School in Perth, Australia.
In his business career, Croom owned of several successful retail businesses and was a supply chain professional at Jaguar Cars Ltd and Eaves & Washbourne,…