Miriam RothmanProfessor of Management
Office LocationOlin Hall 224
- PhD, University of Washington, Human Resource Management
- MS, San Diego State University, Industrial/Organizational Psychology
- BA, The City University of New York, Psychology (magna cum laude)
Areas of ExpertiseLeadership, Management
- Don't take me out of the ballgame, Journal of Applied Case Research
- Business School Internships: Sources and Resources, Psychological Reports
- Business Students' EvaIuation of their Internship, Psychological Reports
- Lessons Learned: Advice for Employers From Interns, Journal of Education for Business
- Girls Occupational Aspirations Over Thirty Years, Sex Roles: A Journal of Research
Miriam Rothman teaches courses in human resources, organizational behavior and career development at the graduate and undergraduate levels. Her publications include empirical and qualitative research, book chapters, cases and experiential activities. She also works with individuals and organizations in the public and private sectors as a human resource management consultant. She gives workshops and trainings worldwide on leadership, conflict resolution and executive coaching and has contributed her expertise to the media on current organizational issues. Rothman also offers expert witness consulting and testimony in wrongful termination and discrimination cases.
As adjunct faculty at the Center for Creative Leadership she worked as a trainer, feedback consultant and executive coach. Within the community she volunteered as an arbitrator and mediator and is currently a personnel commissioner and board member. Before earning her doctorate, she worked in the public and private sectors in human resources and taught at a New Zealand university.