David LightAssociate Dean
Professor of Marketing
Office LocationOlin Hall 307
- Ph.D. University of North Texas, Marketing
- MBA University of North Texas, Marketing
- B.B.A. Arkansas State University, Business Administration
Areas of Expertise
- International Direct Marketing Strategy: A Comparison with Alternative Media, Journal of Direct Marketing
- Rethinking a Global Media Strategy: A Four Country Comparison of Young-Adults' Perceptions of Media Specific Advertising, Journal of International Consumer Marketing
Dr. David Light is associate dean for Faculty and Academic Affairs and professor of Marketing in the School of Business Administration. He joined the USD faculty in 1981 and holds an MBA and Ph.D. in Marketing.
Light has taught both undergraduate and graduate marketing courses at USD and most recently taught advertising and international marketing.
His research has focused on product strategies in the global automobile industry and he has published in national and international marketing and business journals.
Prior to being named associate dean, he served as the Area Chair for the Marketing and Operations faculty and previously as the SBA’s Director of Graduate Programs.