Ricardo LealProfessor of Finance, COPPEAD
- Cost of Equity Capital and Additionality of Brazilian Renewable Energy Projects under the Clean Development Mechanism, Latin American Business Review
- Affinities and agreements among major Brazilian shareholders, International Journal of Disclosure and Governance
- Cash holdings of Brazilian and US firms: size and industry effects, Journal of International Finance and Economics
- A. B. C. Endogeneity of Brazilian Corporate Governance Quality Determinants, Corporate Governance - The International Journal of Business in Society
- Premium listing segments and information based trading in Brazil, Academia - Revista Latinoamericana de Administración
Ricardo P. C. Leal is former Dean and current Professor at the COPPEAD Graduate Business School of the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro where he teaches Investments, International Finance and doctoral seminars. He has consulted for the financial markets of Latin America, including the World Bank, the OECD, Charles Schwab, the UN, and the IADB. His interests are in the area of emerging securities markets, the financing of corporations, and corporate governance.
Leal is a fellow of the Corporate Governance Academic Network, and former president of the Business Association of Latin American Studies and the Brazilian Finance Society. He is chief editor of the Brazilian Finance Review and senior research fellow of Brazilian Corporate Governance Institute, of the Center for Governance Studies at the Foundation for Accounting, Actuarial, and Financial Research, and of the Center for Private Equity Studies at the Getulio Vargas Foundation Business School in São Paulo.