John Hanson, Ph.D.Associate Professor in Decision Science and Supply Chain Management
Office LocationAlcala West, Durango A
- Ph.D. Michigan State University, Operations Management
- MBA Michigan State University
- B.A.Sc. University of Toronto, Aerospace Engineering
Areas of ExpertiseSupply Chain Management
- Learning on the Shop Floor: the Behavioural Roots of Organisational Knowledge, Title: Behavioural Operations Management, Editor: Ilaria Giannoccaro, Publisher: Springer
- Culture Eats Strategy - and how to deal with it, Supply Chain Management Review
- Core Values and Environmental Management: A Strong Inference Approach, Greener Management International Issue
- Culture: the missing element in Dynamic Capabilities, California Management Review
- Defining and Measuring Alignment in Performance Management, International Journal of Operations and Production Management
Professor Hanson received a B.A.Sc. in Aerospace Engineering from the University of Toronto and for many years was licensed as a professional engineer. He received an MBA and a Ph.D. in Operations Management from Michigan State University, where he was a Masco doctoral scholar. He remains a faculty advisor on MSU's award-winning executive leadership program in Operations Management.
Prior to entering academia, Professor Hanson worked for over twenty years in the automotive industry and held management positions with AlliedSignal (now Honeywell), Siemens, Dura Automotive and Eaton Corp. His fields of expertise are corporate strategy and advanced technology planning, and he holds several patents on automotive technology. Professor Hanson's research interests are focused on issues of knowledge management in the supply chain, and his course development for the USD School of Business and the Supply Chain Management Institute executive programs keeps emphasis on "how business works".