Jane Jollineau, Ph.D.Distinguished Professor of Accounting
Office LocationOlin Hall 218
- Ph.D. Duke University, Accounting
- MBA, University of Alberta, Accounting & Finance
- BBA, University of New Brunswick
Areas of ExpertiseAccountancy
- WaMu's Option-ARM Strategy, Issues in Accounting Education
- Evaluating Proposed Remedies for Credit Rating Agency Failures, The Accounting Review
- Evaluating Proposed Remedies for Credit Rating Agency Failures., The Accounting Review
- iRobot Corporation's Intellectural Property: Accounting For Research and Development Under US GAAP Versus IFRS, Journal of Business Case Studies
- Subordinates as the First Line of Defense Against Biased Financial Reporting, Journal of Management Accounting Research, American Accounting Association
Professor Jollineau joined USD after 21 years at the Foster School of Business at the University of Washington, where she was the Deloitte Touche Professor of Accounting. Jane earned her PhD at Duke University, a MBA at the University of Alberta and a BBA at the University of New Brunswick (Saint John) in Canada.
She has co-authored a number of widely used cases and has earned multiple teaching awards, including the prestigious Paccar Award. Jane has taught at INSEAD (France) and at Nanyang Technological University (Singapore). She has served as editor of The Accounting Review and served on the editorial board of several academic journals.
Jane's research interests include the effects of human behavior on decision-making, financial reporting and auditing. She has served in a number of administrative positions including Chair of the Foster School Accounting Department and Chair of the Promotion and Tenure Committee.