Jaime Alonso GómezDean
- PhD, The Wharton School, Applied Economics & Managerial Science
- MS, University of Waterloo, Systems Design
- BS, Monterrey Tech, Industrial Engineering
Areas of ExpertiseInternational Business, Management
- Creciendo en épocas de crisis y complejidad en los mercados (Growing in crises and complexity times), Ochoa, H. (ed.) in Análisis y propuestas creativas ante los retos del nuevo entorno empresarial, ICESI Universidad
- Competitive Business practices in Developing Economies: The Case of Small and Medium-Size (SMEs) Companies in Mexico, MacMillan
- The Globalization of Management Education: changing international structures, adaptive strategies and the impact on institutions, Emerald group publishing limited
- Head in the Clouds of Feet on the Ground? A Response from Mexico, Thunderbird International Business
- Effective and innovative practices of growth and business competitiveness: growing in epochs of crisis and complexity on the markets, Strategy and Management Business Review
Jaime Alonso Gómez, dean of the School of Business Administration at the University of San Diego, has a 30 year international career as a professor, consultant, researcher and board member. He previously served as founding dean of the Graduate School of Business Administration and Leadership (EGADE) at Tec de Monterrey campuses in Mexico City, Monterrey and at the national level for the EGADEs of the Tec de Monterrey System. During this time EGADE was recognized as one of the top business schools in the world (Financial Times, Wall Street Journal , the Aspen Institute, etc.) and in Latin America (América Economía).
For his leadership in international education he was recognized as “Dean of the Year” in 2005 by the Academy of International Business (AIB).