Craig BarkacsProfessor of Business Law
Office LocationOlin Hall 318
- MBA, University of San Diego
- JD, University of San Diego
- BA, Kenyon College, Philosophy
Areas of ExpertiseInternational Business, Social And Legal Research
- Fair Trade in a Wal-Mart World: What Does Globalization Portend for the Triple Bottom End?, Chicago-Kent Journal of International and Comparative Law
- Divorcing the Defense of Marriage Act: Judicial Tensions in Upholding the Legislated Preclusion of Federal Same-Sex Marital Rights, American University Washington College of Law - Labor & Employment Law Forum
- Girls Just Want to Have Fun: Issues Surrounding the Marketing of Sexual Enhancement Products for Women, Journal of Law, Business & Ethics
- She's Not Heavy, She's My Sister: Does Anyone Really Give a Hooter about Obesity and Weight Discrimination? The Case of the "Heavy" Hooters Girls, Journal of Legal, Ethical and Regulatory Issues
- Learning from Exam Results: A Unique Classroom Experiement that Stimulates Critical Thinking, Journal of Case Studies in Education
Craig Barkacs attained his JD/MBA from the University of San Diego and embarked on a career spanning legal, business and academia. Often representing the underdog in high-profile civil and business litigation cases, he and his law partner wife Linda Barkacs achieved outstanding results litigating opposite the most powerful law firms in the country. Barkacs teaches and publishes in topics on negotiation, corporate social responsibility, ethics, law and international business across the graduate programs in the SBA and abroad. Barkacs is principal in The Barkacs Group, which provides negotiation and ethics training for the private sector, and is often sought out by media to comment on business, legal, ethical and political issues.
Barkacs has won awards for research and publications, including a prestigious University Professorship for outstanding career achievement in teaching, scholarship and service and designated Professor of the Year by graduate business students.