All participants in the graduate online programs in supply chain management are required to have a computer with the following system capabilities and software. These are considered minimums. Laptops are strongly recommended for ease when traveling.
COMPUTER HARDWARE REQUIREMENTS
- Pentium 4 Processor or better
- 1GB RAM minimum
- 80GB Hard Drive minimum
- Broadband Connection (High speed cable modem or DSL service at home)
- CD-ROM Drive (reads CD-ROM discs at 24x speed)
- Operating System: Windows XP, Vista, or 7
- Headset with microphone for live online sessions (with double or single ear headphone).
- Webcam – one compatible with Yahoo Messenger and Skype is recommended (this is optional)
PLEASE NOTE: Connecting via America Online (AOL) is INCOMPATIBLE with USD Online Learning Systems.
COMPUTER SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS
Academic discounts are available through the USD Torero Store at http://usdtorerostores.com with your student ID#. Many Microsoft downloads are available free through the MSDN Academic Alliance which you will have access to as a student in the School of Business Administration.
- It is very important that you use a browser that is validated by, and configured to work with, Blackboard.
To validate your browser, follow the detailed instructions at: http://kb.blackboard.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=72810639
- Microsoft Project 2007 or above (available as a free download through the MSDN Academic Alliance)
- Adobe Acrobat 7.0 or above (This is the software – not just the reader which is a free download online.)
- Microsoft Office 2007 or above (Office to include MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Email Program (Email provider must be able to accept large 4MB+ attachments)
- Antivirus Program such as Norton Antivirus or McAfee
- Windows Media Player, Macromedia Flash Player, and Real Player 8 Basic (Free downloads available online.)
- WinZip or other file compression software
- External backup device and software, i.e. external hard drive or dedicated memory stick (1GB minimum recommended)