The Burnham-Moores Center for Real Estate presents several industry conferences and events each year, which provide some of the most comprehensive forums for forecasting and discussing residential and commercial real estate trends in San Diego and Southern California. Our conferences and events draw more than 1,500 industry professionals annually.
With more than 100 real estate executives on the Burnham-Moores Center for Real Estate's Policy Advisory Board, which includes the Executive Committee, Commercial Real Estate Committee, Residential Real Estate Committee and Young Entrepreneurs Council, the center has a multi-disciplinary cadre of industry professionals overseeing its programs, activities and direction.
Additional opportunities for involvement include:
- Becoming a major donor in the $20 million endowment campaign to create permanent financing of USD’s real estate program.
- Sponsoring or contributing to a scholarship for undergraduate or graduate students.
- Sponsoring a major conference or event.
- Lecturing to an undergraduate class or in one of the Master of Science in Real Estate degree courses.
- Recommending USD’s Master of Science in Real Estate degree to your high-potential colleagues.
- Participating in a real estate-oriented student organization.
- Hiring a graduating real estate student. Contact Annie Grand for further information.
- Hiring a current real estate student as an intern. Contact Annie Grand for further information.
- Inviting a real estate student to spend a half day with you through the center’s “Shadow an Executive” program.
- Participating in the center’s annual Career Expo to meet graduating students, define your recruiting needs and schedule interviews for the future.
- Inviting a faculty member or a student to join you in attending a professional meeting and introducing them to your colleagues and to the issues you face in business every day.
- Calling us with your research suggestions and opening your databases to students and faculty for research studies that respect the confidentiality of your information and advance global business practices.
- Helping us finance a research fund that solicits topics and supports timely, industry-oriented analyses on an objective basis by highly trained USD faculty and students.
- Hosting a single-issue seminar in conjunction with the center to bring 25 to 40 executives together in a private forum that stimulates candid discussion and seeks real solutions to improving the quality of life in our region and across the globe.