Strategic Cost Management Workshop
Date: June 4 - 5, 2014
Time: 8:00a.m. - 5:00p.m.
Location: University of San Diego, Kroc Institute for Peace & Justice
Presented by: SCMI and Anklesaria Group, Inc.
Global competition has evolved to a level where technology, quality, customer service, delivery, and brands are no longer sufficient to differentiate world-class companies. In order to achieve and maintain a sustained competitive advantage, firms must now provide all of the above at a lower cost than their competitors. Strategic Cost Management thus becomes a necessary element for companies today.
As cost management moves to the forefront of business strategy, companies are beginning to realize in order to effectively manage cost they must first understand the elements that comprise the total cost of ownership (TCO). This two-day workshop provides a combination of instructional and hands-on learning techniques through the use of case studies.
- A proven cost management tool-kit that can be utilized in cost negotiations with suppliers
- A disciplined approach for all future cost negotiations and enhanced credibility of procurement professionals
- Techniques to obtain “quick-hits” when applied to specific situations
- Ability to be “extremely tough but wonderfully fair“ with your supply base
- A foundation for implementing collaborative cost management strategies and building mutually beneficial relationships with suppliers
- Obtain, understand, and apply a set of cost management tools that enable transition from leveraging volume to leveraging ideas
- Gain a better knowledge of the cost structure of the goods and services procured
- Differentiate between negotiations and process improvements
- Distinguish between price and cost management
- Identify data sources for building cost models
- Learn to apply cost models effectively in negotiations
- Use “Price Discipline™” in long term contract negotiations
- Learn to apply TCO principles in sourcing decisions
Who Should Attend:
- Anyone involved in managing costs and responsible for improving their organizations’ operational results will benefit from this workshop. This includes Buyers, Procurement Engineers, Procurement Specialists, Category Managers, Materials Engineers, Materials Managers, Logistics/Supply Chain professionals, and Quality Assurance personnel.
- Sales, Marketing and Finance personnel will also benefit by gaining an understanding of their costs thereby building an advantage in negotiations.
What Previous Attendees Say:
“The course had a strong practical component which allowed us to better understand the concepts. The case studies provided were based on real company situations.”
“The class makes you think outside of the box about how to challenge your suppliers vs. the traditional way our sectors have been managed.”
“The real life examples were helpful along with the templates and other tools.”
Discounts Available (Maximum of two discounts may be combined):
10% Early-Bird Registration (Available through Sunday, May 11. 2014)
10% Professional Organization Member (APICS/CSCMP/ISM)
10% Group (Per participant when sending 3 or more from the same company)
Discounts also available to SCMI Advisory Board Member Companies:
Discounts reflected when registering
Jimmy Anklesaria, F.C.A., LL.B., is the founder of Anklesaria Group, Inc. He is a Fellow Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants, and holds a law degree and an MBA. Mr. Anklesaria is the author of Supply Chain Cost Management: The AIM & DRIVE® Process for Achieving Extraordinary Results (AMACOM, 2007) and is co-author of Zero Base Pricing™: Achieving World-Class Competitiveness Through Reduced All-In-Cost with David N. Burt and Warren E. Norquist. Mr. Anklesaria holds the international service mark for the AIM & DRIVE® process. He has published several articles and cases in leading purchasing and financial journals and texts in the United States and abroad.
One of the world’s most sought-after speakers on cost management, Jimmy has positively influenced the procurement transformation process at numerous Fortune 500 companies. He has a unique ability to provide practical solutions to complex business problems and has been the keynote speaker and workshop leader for a number of organizations and companies.
Since 1985, Jimmy has taught graduate and undergraduate level courses in Strategic Cost Management, Finance and Investments at the University of San Diego, where he has been named Outstanding Professor of the Year. He has also lectured in Strategic Cost Management at the Graduate School of Business of the University of Chicago, Michigan State University, University of Southern California and Arizona State University. Mr. Anklesaria currently teaches a graduate course in Supply Chain Management at the Rady School of Management at the University of California, San Diego.