MSRE/GSBA in Hong Kong
"This experience enriched me as i learned lessons not just through a book, but by exposure to cultural differences in person. i learned that harmony can be created in the midst of high density living with careful planning and coordination of public transportation. this program made me realize that now, more than ever, our business leaders must think globally, learn from one another, and make decisions which carefully consider the impact on others."
-Gregor Conners, MSRE Intersession 2013 Program Participant
|Location||Course||Professor||Dates||Mandatory Pre-Departure Meeting|
|Hong Kong, China||MSRE 509/GSBA 594:
Commercial Real Estate Capital Markets (2 units)
|Dr. Charles Tu||Jan 9 - 17 (arrive 1/8; depart 1/18)||TBD|
MSRE 509/GSBA 594: commercial real estate capital markets (2 units)
This course examines the major players, investment criteria and deal
structures available in the capital markets (both debt and equity) for
the real estate investor. It analyzes roles of traditional sources of
real estate capital, as well as the proliferation of newer financial
products, with a focus on the risk or return parameters for the various
sources of capital. Pre-requisite of MSRE 503 or GSBA 525.
|Roundtrip Airfare between SAN > HKG||$1,300|
Notes about program costs:
- PROGRAM FEE is NON-REFUNDABLE once you apply and are accepted to a program. This fee is not a deposit towards tuition, rather a separate payment towards on-site logistical fees such as classroom rentals, speakers, overhead, some group activities, some meals and select ground transportation.
- AIRFARE is estimated as of August 30, 2013 using Trip Advisor. Please check current airfare using your departure and return cities for a more accurate estimate.
- ACCOMMODATION costs in Hong Kong are currently estimates only. Calculations are based on double occupancy (sharing a room) accommodations and the current exchange rate (subject to change). Students are not required to stay at the group hotels, although it is highly recommended.
Harbour Plaza Metropolis Hotel (approximately $95/night per student in double occupancy room)
1. Please click on the icon below to watch a brief 90 second video tutorial on the online application process.
2. Once done watching the video, click the apply now button below to begin your application. Note that clicking on the Apply Now button will lead you to a non-Ahlers website which houses online applications. Do not click on links more than once, as this will delay processing; simply wait for each page to load. It is recommended that you use Safari as your browser.
The application deadline for Intersession 2014 is Friday, Sept. 27, 2013. To be considered for acceptance, your online application must be complete by this date. Once you apply for a program, you commit to pay the program fee for each location to which you apply. This program fee will be charged to each student's account upon acceptance and is non-refundable unless admission is denied.
You will be notified of acceptance by Friday, October 4, 2013. Once accepted, you must provide your flight itinerary and accommodations requests by Friday, October 25, 2013. Further information will be provided to accepted students.
Accepted students should apply immediately for any necessary tourist visas. Students are solely responsible for obtaining their own visas. If you are required to obtain a visa, you may apply directly through the host country's consulate for a tourist visa or contact Allison Howitt for a visa service referral. The information provided below applies to US citizens. If you are not a US citizen, click here to see if you need a visa.
A valid passport is required for US citizens to enter Hong Kong. Hong Kong does not require US citizens to obtain a visa prior to arrival
pending the duration of their trip does not exceed 90 days. Non-US
citizens and students planning to travel into Mainland China will
require an entry visa and should plan to apply through the Chinese Consulate.
For programs in Asia please contact:
Allison Howitt, Academic Programs Manager
Ahlers Center for International Business
University of San Diego
Coronado Room 114
5998 Alcalá Park
San Diego, CA 92110
tel: +1 (619) 260-4847
fax: +1 (619) 260-4198