MSGL in Buenos Aires Intersession 2014 Programs in Asia/Middle East
"The ability to travel and experience an alternative and truly international business environment is an amazing opportunity to bring the course material to light."
-MSGL student who participated in January '12 program in Buenos Aires
|Location||Course||Professor||Dates||Mandatory Pre-Departure Meeting|
|Buenos Aires, Argentina||MSGL 527:
International Strategy and Management (2 units)
|Dr. Jaime Gomez||Jan 4 - 10 (arrive 1/3; depart 1/11)||TBD|
MSGL 527: international strategy and management
This course examines strategic planning including the development of appropriate mission statements, international and global environmental analyses, the establishment of objectives, and the development of appropriate strategies and tactics to fulfill the objectives. In a military context, these principles can be applied to situations such as disaster relief, drug interdiction, border security and regional military actions. Teaching methods include lecture, discussion, group exercises and case studies.
|Airfare from SAN||$1,650|
Notes about program costs:
- PROGRAM FEE is NON-REFUNDABLE once you apply and are accepted to a program. Students pay a program fee for each program (location) in which you participate. This fee is not a deposit towards tuition, rather a separate payment towards on-site logistical fees such as classroom rentals, speakers, overhead, some group activities, meals and transportation.
- AIRFARE is estimated as of Sept. 5th using Kayak. Please check current airfare using your departure and return cities for a more accurate estimate.
- ACCOMMODATION costs in South America are currently estimates only. Calculations are based on double occupancy (sharing a room) accommodations and the current exchange rate (subject to change). Students are not required to stay at the group hotels, although it is highly recommended. Group hotel is as follows for Buenos Aires: Argenta Tower Hotel, approximately $50USD/night for a double (shared) room.
1. Please click on the icon below to watch a brief 90 second video tutorial on the online application process.
2. Once done watching the video, click the Apply Now button below to begin your application. Note that clicking on the Apply Now button will lead you to a non-Ahlers website which houses online applications. Do not click on links more than once, as this will delay processing; simply wait for each page to load. It is recommended that you use Safari as your browser.
The application deadline for Intersession 2014 is Friday, Sept. 27, 2013. To be considered for acceptance, your online application must be complete by this date. Once you apply for a program, you commit to pay the program fee for each location to which you apply. This program fee will be charged to each student's account upon acceptance and is non-refundable unless admission is denied.
You will be notified of acceptance by Friday, October 4, 2013. Once accepted, you must provide your flight itinerary and accommodations requests by October 25, 2013. Further information will be provided to accepted students.
Accepted students should apply immediately for any necessary tourist visas. Students are solely responsible for obtaining their own visas. If you are required to obtain a visa, you may apply directly through the host country's consulate for a tourist visa or contact Danielle Levanetz for a visa service referral. The information provided below applies to US citizens. If you are not a US citizen, click here to see if you need a visa.
A valid passport is required for U.S. citizens to enter Argentina. Prior to arrival in Argentina at any entry point, U.S. citizen tourists must pay a $160 reciprocity fee by credit card online at the Provincia Pagos website. Once paid, you must print out the receipt and present it to the Argentine immigration officer at the time of entry. The fee is valid for ten years from the date of payment and multiple entries. http://www.state.gov
If you are not a US citizen, consult the Consulate of Argentina.
Tel: (323)954-9155 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
For programs in South America please contact:
Assistant Director Ahlers Center for International Business
University of San Diego
Coronado Room 118
5998 Alcalá Park
San Diego, CA 92110
tel: +1 (619) 260-6881
fax: +1 (619) 260-4198